Santa Fe is proud of its mission’s involvement. Mission projects offer our members and guests the opportunity to reach out into the communities and world around us, making a difference to a child, an adult, a community. We have several types of missions available at all times: special monthly projects, continual projects, and quarterly contributions. The organizations that we support through these programs include:
- The Urban Mission offers a Food Resource Center to families with low-incomes, an after-school and summer program for elementary-age children, and other programs for children and adolescents. These programs receive support from our members, through donations of canned goods, volunteering in the Food Resource Center, raising money through a Bedlam Challenge, or supporting a child in the summer program. http://urbanmissionokc.org
- Neighborhood Service Organization offers transitional housing, in separate locations, for families, young men and persons with serious mental health diseases. Santa Fe cleans and furnishes two of the family apartments, provides a birthday cake and gift for each child in the family housing units, has a summer picnic for the families and young men, and has an Angel Tree gift project at Christmas-time for the families in the transitional living apartments. The children are also included in our church’s special parties at Easter, Halloween, and Christmas. http://nsookc.org/
- Edmond Mobile Meals delivers hot lunches to seniors living in Edmond. We have a continual collection of canned goods that are offered to this program. http://edmondmobilemeals.org/
- Stuff the Bus is an annual summer project to collect supplies needed by teachers at Wellston Elementary School. These supplies range from copier paper to pencils to Kleenex, and much more. Our goal is to stuff our “bus” with these supplies, helping dedicated teachers who often spend their own money for needed supplies for their kiddos!
- Breakfast on Boulevard is a community-wide Edmond program that offers breakfast and a sack lunch to anyone who needs help in their food budget. We’ve donated money and baked cookies for this program. http://www.fccedmond.org/breakfast-on-boulevard
- CROP Walk is a fun walk in the park, Mitch Park to be exact. Many of our kids and quite a few adults join us, along with other churches, to raise money for hunger projects around the globe. SFPC sponsors the T-shirts which kids can get free when they raise $100. Many of our members make sure that our kids reach this goal. http://hunger.cwsglobal.org/site/PageServer?pagename=crop_main
- Goodland Academy offers residential housing for male children and adolescents, as well as an educational program for the community surrounding Hugo, OK. A special December offering is collected at Santa Fe for Goodland. http://www.goodland.org/
- United Theological College in Bangalore, India receives support from Santa Fe in their efforts to educate seminary students while also working in the slums of Bangalore. http://utc.edu.in/
CentsAbility is collected on the last Sunday of each month by our children during worship service. The coins jangle as they are dropped into tin buckets and the kids are hard to resist. The donations are split between 4 different organizations which have food projects: Urban Mission, Edmond Mobile Meals, Presbyterian Hunger Fund, and Breakfast on Boulevard. http://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/hunger/what-cents-ability/
Used Eyeglasses are recycled by a local optometrist who conducts mission trips to Central America on a yearly basis.
Boxtops and Labels are collected for certain food products, then sent to Goodland Academy who are nearing their goal to purchase a van with these.
A Caregiver Support Group meets monthly on the second Monday, offering support and information about being a caregiver to someone who has dementia.
South Oklahoma Presbyterian Parish Nurse Program offers health fairs and RN services to an area of Oklahoma that is medically underserved. Our hospitality donations on Sunday morning are used to offer support to this program.
PC(USA) Special Offerings are collected twice a year through either the One Great Hour of Sharing or the Christmas Joy Offering. http://specialofferings.pcusa.org